In response to the rising numbers of Covid-19 cases, the Government recently announced that we will be moving to LEVEL 5 restrictions across the country from midnight Wednesday 21st October 2020 for a period of 6 weeks.
We are pleased to confirm that we are classified as “essential retail outlets” for the purposes of operating within the level 5 restrictions. As such our service & parts departments are fully open and operating on a business as usual basis. Travel outside of your 5km radius to a car workshop is permitted under essential journey status as confirmed by the RSA in Ireland.
Our sales departments will now move to a “click & collect” online format for the period of the level 5 restrictions which will reduce the requirement for face to face contact. We will be able to conduct all sales interactions remotely utilising the digital tools that we have available across our BMW websites (www.frankkeanebmw.ie) and our new Frank Keane group website (www.frankkeane.ie); including our online new car configurators, “value my car” functionality, “apply for finance” & our “reserve now” facility. We will also be able to contact Customers via phone, email, WhatsApp, Live chat & live video links. If you have already purchased a new or used car from us or you do so now, we will also be able to schedule the collection/handover of these vehicles.
In addition to the above changes we will continue to observe the following Covid-19 protocols for the safety of our Customers & staff:
• We will be operating on a strictly by appointment-only basis. To aid us in this period we really appreciate customers arriving at their given appointment time and request your understanding if your wait time is longer than you might usually expect from us. We will limit the maximum number of customers in our premises at any one time to ensure social distancing. We therefore regretfully request that you do not remain on our premises whilst we are working on your car.
• Upon entry to our premise’s customers will be asked to avail of a non-invasive temperature control scan. The scan is administered by standing in front of a computer tablet and requires no interaction on the customer’s part. We would ask any customer who returns a high temperature result to return home and consult their GP at the earliest possible opportunity. In this regard all staff on our premises are scanned each morning and are only permitted to work if their temperature is below the threshold mentioned.
• All customers are requested to wear a face mask whilst on premises in line with current HSE advice.
• A digital check-in system is in operation and we request all customers to enter their details in line with track and trace protocols.
• A stand-alone check-in desk will be set up with hand sanitizers for both customers and staff.
• We will only check-in 1 person at a time and social distancing guidelines of 2 meters will be observed throughout the entire process. Social distancing floor stickers throughout our premises will enable you to maintain the correct social distance from other customers and members of our staff.
• Perspex screens have been installed on all Service Advisors and reception workstations to safeguard customer interactions.
• All our technicians and staff who come into contact with you or your car will wear a fresh pair of latex gloves and dispose of them after they finish with your car. Social distancing measures are in place in our workshops and all necessary PPE is worn by staff when they work on your vehicle.
• Upon request your vehicle can be fully sanitised before it is returned to you using our on-site ozone generator which removes 99% of bacteria and allergens from your car.
• For senior citizens and vulnerable people, we will, as long as it is practicable and safe for everybody concerned, try and operate a collection and drop off service. For customers in this category, please contact us by phone.
• We will continue to accept tow-ins and breakdowns but again this must be on the basis that we are contacted by the customer or tow-in operator to notify us that the vehicle is coming in.
• All payments can only be accepted by credit or debit card.
We are continuously monitoring the latest Government and HSE advice and we are fully committed to operating within strict compliance with the current government guidelines.
Our main reception telephone lines are open and we are still here for all of our customers so, if you have questions, issue or concerns whatsoever, please call us on the following numbers Frank Keane Naas Road: 01 240 5666 and Blackrock: 01 240 5600 and we will advise you accordingly.
We recognise that this has been an extremely difficult and anxious time for all individuals, families, businesses and the wider community. We really appreciate your continued business and support.
The Frank Keane BMW Team